Monday, January 24, 2011

Who Killed Science Fiction?


Who indeed? Well one way to find out who done did it (if it was in fact did done) is to read the book.

I'm very happy to announce that copies of Earl Kemp's Hugo award-winning work WHO KILLED SCIENCE FICTION? is now available for order. This edition is "Compleat & Unexpurgated" and contains updates from 1980 and 2002. Among its nearly a hundred contributors are such folks as Ray Bradbury, Kurt Vonnegut, John W. Campbell, Hugo Gernsback, Horace Gold, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Hannes Bok, Howard DeVore, Robert Silverberg, Robert Heinlein, Isaac Asimov, Poul Anderson, and many more. This is one of the most significant and legendary works in the history of science fiction. Reading it, you feel like you're sitting in on a conversation among friends and family. There's serious discussion, and some not as serious.

As a fan and as someone with a strong interest in the history science fiction and fandom, this has always been one of the top books in my list of must-reads. I'm incredibly grateful to Earl for allowing me to come out with a print edition through the Merry Blacksmith Press. It's nice to be a small part of something as big as this.

In celebration of this release, I'm offering free domestic shipping and reduced international shipping from now through the end of February.

Also, a copy of this, along with Bud Webster's ANTHOPOLOGY 101, is being donated to the Corflu auction being held at Corflu 28 (February 11th through the 13th).

I won't be attending Corflu--this year, at least--although you might see me loitering around the Virtual ConSuite if they have it up this year. I will be hanging around Boskone on Saturday--mostly bothering dealers, but also checking out some of the programming. I'll probably have a copy in my hands, so feel free to ask to take a look.

I'll be the guy in the red fez.

Cheers!

--John

0 comments:

Post a Comment